Beginner's Guide to Electric Scooter Chargers
If you are an owner of an electric scooter, it's important to take proper care of your scooter by keeping it in tip-top shape at all times. This includes ensuring your scooter is fully charged before every ride, which can be difficult if you only have one charger and are using multiple electric scooters!
The Different Types of Electric Scooter Battery Chargers
The three types of electric scooter chargers are lead-acid, nickel-cadmium, and lithium-ion.
- Lead acid is the most affordable but has the shortest life and doesn't charge as quickly.
- Nickel cadmium offers a higher level of performance but has a shorter life.
- Lithium-ion batteries are the most expensive but offer the longest battery life, and they charge more quickly than other types of battery chargers.
Tips on How to Care for Your Electric Scooter Battery Charger
- Plug the charger into the scooter or bike before plugging it into the wall. Unplug the e-scooter charger when charging is complete before unplugging it from the scooter or bike.
- Charge your scooter batteries every time you ride, even if it is only a short ride. Leaving a scooter battery in a partially discharged state for any time reduces the battery's useful life.
Whenever an electric scooter or bike is stored, the batteries should be recharged at least every three months.
- Some electric scooter owners find it advantageous to have a charger rated higher than the original and charge them quickly to ride more than one battery cycle per day. A higher amp-rated charger would recharge the battery in about 2-3 hours. However, it would shorten the battery's longevity.
- To make your batteries last longer, always use a slow-rate battery charger. For scooters used more than once a day, switch to a smaller battery charger overnight and use a larger one in the daytime.
- Charging SLA batteries with automotive or motorcycle battery chargers is not recommended. When these types of battery chargers are used on SLA batteries, the batteries will overheat, and there may be irreversible damage.
Buy Electric Scooter Chargers At ScooterooIf you're looking for an electric scooter charger, you should consider the charging speed, power output, and compatibility before making a purchase. Our specialist team at Scooteroo is here to help you! So give us a call today, and we'll help you choose the right scooter battery charger.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.